Slot machines in the past only featured card faces and fruit symbols. However, that has changed over the past few years, and more and more video slots have come to the forefront, with good graphics and amazing storylines. Usually, slot machine game developers partner with film companies or comic book franchises to make games based on them to get more content that is relatable to the public. Playtech is a pioneer of this strategy and their deals with Marvel Comics has given rise to slot games that can give the thrill of gambling with the fun of having your favourite characters with you. One such game is the Incredible Hulk.
Created by legendary comic artist Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, The Incredible Hulk made his debut in The Incredible Hulk #1 in the month of May 1962. The Hulk is the alter ego of Dr Bruce Banner, a highly intelligent and skilled scientist who gets exposed to an immense amount of radiation while trying to save a child from gamma-ray exposure. He is often portrayed as a mindless brute who is angry all the time. The angrier he is, the stronger he gets. However, with his bright mind and strong intellect, he is able to control the Hulk, and use it to his advantage. The Hulk has gone through several iterations, being portrayed by Bill Bixby, Eric Bana, Edward Norton and finally Mark Ruffalo.
Symbols and Payouts
- The Incredible Hulk Logo: this is more or less like a scatter symbol for the game. It offers free bonuses, like paying ten credits for three matches, 25 for four matches and 100 for five.
- Hulk: This is like a wild card. It can substitute for all symbols except for scattering or and smash bonus.
- Smash Bonus: this has a grimacing Hulk face on it. Getting these on the first and fifth reel activates the smash bonus.
- Radiation Symbol: this is quite any easy simple to spot and provides bonuses. It offers four credits for two matches, 100 credits for three matches, 400 credits for four matches and 4000 credits for five.
- Beaker of Gamma Liquid: It offers payouts when in winning combos: 3 credits for two matches, 30 for three matches, 100 for four and 500 for five.
- Police: When in combos, it can give two credits for two matches, five for two matches, 20 for three matches and 50 for four
- Ace and King: These are used as fillers and can provide winning combo payouts at 12 credits for three matches, 40 for four and 100 for five matches.
- Queen & Jack: These are also used as fillers and offer payouts at ten credits for three matches, 40 for four, and 75 for five matches.
- 9 & 10: These award seven credits for three matches, 25 for 4, and 50 for five matches.